Thursday, December 30, 2010

It's Been So Long!

Well... what has been going on during my blogging-absence?



My mother bought a new home! It's a two-bedroom townhome that's in really good condition with hardwood floors, an electric stove, and a two-car garage. We are very pleased with it. Moving was a pain though. A very large pain. You never realize how much stuff you have until you have to put it all in cardboard boxes and load it onto a truck. My mom said that if you truly wish to inflict pain on someone you should pray for them to have to move and to do it all by themselves.

On a happier note, for Christmas (which my family celebrates although I do not personally identify myself as Christian, anyway the holiday has become pretty secular) I got the book The Secret along with The Secret Gratitude Book, which are not as bad as I imagined. I originally thought The Secret to be another self-help scam originated by a business-savy creative writer, but this one actually had some good tips on thinking positively and confidently in order to achieve success in all aspects of life. I'll admit there is still a bit of the whole cheesy "this is an ancient solution kept secret for thousands of years... UNTIL NOW"-type thing, but overall I would reccomend it. I especially like the Secret Gratitude Book because it is basically a journal where you write all the things you're grateful for on one side of the page, and on the other side you write down some things you would be grateful for if/when they happen ("Gratitude Intentions"). Also, before writing a suggestion in the the journal is to repeat "Thank you" twenty times in your head before beginning to write and twenty times after, just to let the feeling of gratitude sink in. I think this is a really good idea to do every night in order to learn how to appreciate all the things you have.

I've had a wonderful two-week vacation from school and I hope everyone else is enjoying the holidays too. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment