Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Rudeness

Have you ever met people that were good, honest people at heart but were just plain rude. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive (I know I am) but that's just one characteristic in people that I simply can't put up with.

A few weeks ago I was at a restaurant with my mom and two other men that she helped out a few years back. My mother has recently lost a significant amount of weight since they had last seen her and she was being complimented on it. That's all well and good. Jokingly my mother mentioned that she could now fit into all of my clothes and how much I hated it when she would wear my clothes (True, I'm sorry but are Abercrombie tanks really fit for women over twenty?)

Then things took a turn when one of the men mentioned that "Pretty soon her clothes are going to be too big for you!" then he told me outright that I should go on a diet as well. In those words "You should go on a diet."

Excuse me?

Are you kidding me? You are telling me, a size 4, 130 pound girl that I need to go on a diet because my mom just lost the overdue pregnancy fat? I understand that there is a time where one needs to laugh it off, which I did do in that situation, but that sort of thing just immediately put me off. Later when I was ordering the shrimp, he mentioned that he wouldn't eat it because it was very fattening. My mother was very put off as well and laughed and said that I was perfect, I don't need to loose weight (Which I don't).

Now, these are good guys: they payed for our meals, they've driven me to my extracurricular activities when my parents couldn't, so I don't think the meant any harm. The only problem is that they are just so rude. People like that make me sick to my stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment