Friday, September 24, 2010

What I Want From Life

I know I'm a hard-core romantic. It's very sad.

I want a fairy-tale life, even though I know that will never happen. I know that I will most likely grow up, and have a 9-5 job in a medical field that will give me a stable income to live by.

What I want is a life on homestead-farm, wearing dresses while picking apples apples and planting tomatoes, watering roses, and in the evenings retiring to read the Qu'ran or Where Angels Fear to Tread. I would have a lovely, fit, husband with a well paying job, that loves me and wants to spend the rest of his life raising a family with me. Not to mention, he helps with household chores.

That's very unlikely, I realize that. I'm crazy and if I don't sober-up soon, I'm very likely not going to have anything in life. Reality is not a Jane Austen novel, no matter how much one tries to make it.

My parents are getting divorced. My dad is staying here on the weekends, until he gets stationed in his new, better paying job, and my mom has bought a townhouse for her, I, and, hopefully by this summer, my grandmother to live in. The relationship broke years ago. I will survive it, perhaps forget it in ten years time, my mother and grandmother will survive it, I'm not so sure about my dad, but he will have to live through it too.

That's reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment